Included in your eye exam:
Internal & External Eye Health
An internal and external examination of your eyes for signs of possible disorders, such as cataracts or retinal.
Current Prescription Check
An evaluation of your current eyeglass prescription.
A test of your ability to see sharply and clearly at all distances.
A test for your eyes’ ability to focus light rays exactly on the retina at distance and close-up.
A measurement of your internal eye pressure to test for glaucoma.
A test for eye coordination and muscle control.
A test to measure your eyes’ ability to change focus.
On your prescription, your eye doctor will list the vision correction necessary for your left and right eyes. If there is a plus (“+”) sign before your prescription, you are farsighted and have trouble seeing things up close. If there is a minus (“-“) sign before your prescription, you are nearsighted and have trouble seeing far away. The higher the number is after the “+” or “-” sign, the greater the vision correction you need.
The American Optometric Association recommends an eye exam every 1-2 years.
Those individuals with diabetes, hypertension or with family history of glaucoma should have their eyes examined more frequently.
Many eye diseases have no immediate symptoms and the best way to screen for them is by preventative care or eye examinations. Don’t let a simple, repairable problem hinder your eyesight and cause even further more serious damage in the future. Guidelines for the frequency of examinations are provided by the American Optometric Association.
Eye Services at Optical World include:
- Routine Eye Exams
- Comprehensive eye examinations
- Pediatric Eye Care
- Treatment and Management of Eye Injuries and Infections
- Diagnosis and treatment of eye diseases, including glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetes, hypertension, and cataracts.
- Treatment and management of Dry Eyes Disease, tearing, and eye irritations
- Minor ocular surgeries including the removal of superficial foreign bodies (e.g., metal particles)
- LASIK, refractive and cataract surgery Consultation and Co-management
- Low Vision Services
- Contact Lenses
- Individualized contact lens fitting and services
- Eyeglass repairs and adjustments
- Designer Eye Wear
- Nutritional counseling for the prevention and treatment of macular degeneration and dry eye disease.